Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Weekend

Work is going really well. Dominic loves being around the other kids, the ladies I work with are great and I am very attached to my little 18 month old boys and girls already. The "stinkers" of the class are usually the ones I bond with the most. There is one little boy who can be such a mess, but he is just so cute and fun, I love him to death. Dominic is learning a lot. We teach sign language there so he's learned several signs, many new words, what noises animals make, and much more. I am so tired by the end of the day though. I'm really thankful that I am no longer sick this pregnancy and only dealing with the normal aches and pains. I do look forward to having the baby and staying home with my boys.

This weekend was really nice and relaxing. Joel, Dominic and I spent a lot of time together. We went to a birthday party at ChuckECheese for Dom's cousin and that was a lot of fun. He is very close to his cousins here. (and hopefully will be to his weso cousins soon...maybe if we all live a little closer one day) His favorite is Noah, who is 15 months old. He has seen Noah more than any of the others so they've got a special relationship, Dom's very protective of him. Today Noah, Uncle Shane, and Doms grandma (Nana) spent some time at our house which Dominic LOVED. Dom knows our house very well and understands what he is allowed to play with and certain things he's not supposed to touch. Whenever Noah started touching breakable things Dom would say "no no, Noah, put back" He can be a little bossy : )

We haven't had a baby sitter in quite a while. Joel's birthday is coming up on the 27th which will be on a Tuesday, so Cheryl is going to watch Dom for us next weekend and we will celebrate early. Joel and I are both really excited and looking forward to some alone time.

Tonight we finally put some pictures and things on the walls of our house. It is starting to become a lot more cozy and inviting. We're excited to get Rowen's room together but haven't had the energy. Right now it's the room where we throw things that don't have a place.

This is random but Dom made me want to write about it. I'm sitting in his room with him and he's reading his books. He's getting way too good at climbing. The other day I left him for probably 30 seconds. When I came back to his room the light was off and I was wondering how he reached it. I turned it on and saw that he was sitting indian style on the top of the changing table with his hand right next to the light switch : ) I won't be leaving him alone anymore, even for 30 seconds. But what I was going to say when I started this rabbit trail, is the Dom was starting to climb the changing table just a minute ago and I told him to get down. He responded with "mam-mam". That means "yes mam". It is funny because he knows how to say yes, and he knows how to say mam, but yes mam always comes out "mam-mam" Fine with me, so long as he obeys....which doesn't always happen. He is very strong willed and not always bothered with punishment. We are working on it.

It's almost Dom's bedtime and maybe mine as well. Gotta go.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! A new post. We want to see pictures too, you know. Mam mam! So cute. I love it. Kelley was our first climber ... but it was hard to keep any of you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bex climbed EVERYTHING! She's still a monkey...it never ends.

    30 seconds is short for grownups, but is a LONG time for toddlers...they are just too quick!

    I agree with Mama Weso...pictures! We MUST have pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha...that is so cute. I can just picture Dom bossing Noah around! Hilarious...

    ReplyDelete