Saturday, January 31, 2009

Potty training, haircut, and bad weather

I can't figure out how to move this picture. I didn't want it to be at the top of my blog, but looks like it will be. This is a pic of my haircut.

My goal was to have Dom potty trained by the time the baby gets here. I realize now that probably won't happen, but we did have a break through yesterday. Dom came to me and said "tee tee Mommy" and was trying to pull down his pants. I asked if he wanted to use the potty, he said "yeah, yeah" and started running to his little potty. As soon as he sat down he started peeing. Yay! He's starting to realize when he needs to go! His best friend at school is Jacob. (there are 2 Jacobs so this one goes by first and last name, Jacob Bo...he's SO cute) Dom calls him "Jay-Bo". Well, Jacob Bo is potty trained and watching him use the potty is helping Dom become motivated, so I am thankful for that.


Last week we had a cold front come through. The high for a couple of days was 20 or 30 degrees. Two of the days there was severe ice. Our vehicles were covered with a layer of about 2 inches of ice, the roads were awful, and it was SO cold. Work was cancelled and we had a lot of fun staying home as a family those two days. Dom has his moments of disobedience for sure, but when he's home with his mom and dad he's a great kid and so much fun to be around. We can't even imagine how much fun it's going to be with two boys. Speaking of, let me brag on Joel a little bit. He has been amazing this pregnancy, just like he was the last. He's been cooking, cleaning, and getting up with Dom in the middle of the night. (we're blessed with a son who pees a LOT, so it isn't rare for him to wake up wet at 3am. It also doen'st help that he sometimes takes his diaper off) Joel's also doing the little things like bringing home flowers, candy, or a movie to cheer me up. He said he's very thankful that he isn't the one who has to carry the baby for 9 months and will do whatever he can to make it easier on me. I'm really thankful that he's so understanding. To be honest I was not very understanding (mostly oblivious I think) to all that comes with pregnancy until I experienced it myself.
Dom gives great hugs!


Dom watches Joel fix his hair and has started wanting hairspray in his own hair. Here's a picture of Dom after Joel fixed his hair into a fo-hawk. (fake mo-hawk)


I recently got my own hair cut. It's a pregnancy thing for me. I get tired of fixing my hair, the blow drying and flat ironing make me dizzy sometimes because of all of the heat....so...I get a short haircut : ) This time i'm really happy. It's so easy to fix and my husband loves it. Since getting the haircut he tells me several times daily how beautiful I am and how much he loves the cut - needless to say, i'll keep this style for a while : ) I've hit the stage in pregnancy where I feel like a huge, unatractive, beached whale....so his compliments go a long way : )

This is my first time trying to add pictures to a blog, so we'll see how it goes. I figured that if I don't add pics soon, I could lose all 3 or 4 of my readers! (I gather that from the comments that say "we want to see PICTURES) I love you all!!














4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'll try to not make this a novel...

    1. The hair cut looks great! I have a friend here who told me every time she got pregnant she did the same thing. I'm not sure if it was for the same reasons or not!

    2. With pictures on a post you can cut and paste them where you want them by right clicking on the picture after it's uploaded. But one thing I FINALLY figured out a few weeks ago is that if in the compose mode the margin is set in the middle and you try to paste a picture it will try to erase what it above it (whether it be text or another picture). So when you're trying to paste then make sure the margin is set to the left! I don't know why that is.

    3. You have a very sweet hubby. You're very blessed to have a man so understanding of those kind of things!

    4. It must be a Wesolowski thing as Karis has always peed throughout the night (still does). She NEVER wakes up with a dry diaper in the morning:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo. A post with plenty of pictures! Yes, I love it all ... the stories, the pictures, the information, and did I mention the pictures? Good job! I love the faux-hawk (fo-hawk?). Send a pix that includes all of you -- I'm not seeing the beached whale look yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. two comments:Kelley and mom just like you predicted. Dangit. I guess that makes me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it about time for a new post, already???

    ReplyDelete